Hey everyone! We’ve pushed a small update . Here’s a changelog!
- Update bundled steam api
- Various fixes to the ancient vault dungeon
- Fix chat tabs not being clickable
- Fix a potential threading issue related to steam p2p networking
- Allow players to repeat the quest to unlock the vaults in multiple universes. Fixes an edge case where doing the quest on a server would make you unable to unlock the key trader in single player, and vice versa.
- Fix issue where non-vault mission worlds would not reset after leaving
- Make adjustments to texture atlasing to resolve certain framerate issues related to using larger texture sizes
- Add “limitTextureAtlasSize” option in starbound.config to manually limit texture atlas sizes. Should only necessary for video cards significantly below the minimum requirements.
If you’re still suffering from severe framerate issues caused by the 1.2 update and not resolved in 1.2.1, please try:
1. Disabling Multiplayer With Steam Friends in the Starbound menu
2. Launching the game directly from the executable in the installation folder
3. Enabling “limitTextureAtlasSize” in starbound.config
While we are still interested in reports of general performance issues, only performance issues caused by 1.2 are in the scope of this major version update.