This week we surprise dropped an unstable release of Starbound 1.4 – the ‘Bounty Hunter’ update!
Since we last wrote about 1.4 on the Dev Blog we took some time to revisit our content plans and how they worked within the main game, and now we’re at a point where we we’d like to invite players to see where we’ve got it!
The themes of the update are the same we’d originally shared! In Starbound 1.4 you’ll become a bounty hunter, taking on new quests to track down wanted criminal gangs, rise up through the Peacekeeper ranks and ultimately restore law and order in the universe! Additionally there’s lots of other content including new dungeons, monster variants, new items, furniture pieces and more to discover.
We’re looking to get some feedback from players, if you’d like to preview the update and share your thoughts with us the best place is the ‘beta feedback’ channel of the Starbound Discord. It’s still in development, so things now are not necessarily representative of the final implementation – and expect some bugs and incomplete content (and back up characters before playing).
We know it’s been a while in the making, so we’re excited to hear what players think! Here are the high level changes;
- New procedurally-generated quests that see the player travel to worlds and into space, hunting down criminal gangs
- New Peacekeeper stations for bounty hunters – work your way through promotions and restore law in the universe
- Take the fight to criminal gangs at their hideouts, including a climatic final mission & boss fight!
- New Peacekeeper and gang related events that happen whilst you’re hunting bounties
- New dungeon and micro-dungeons
- New elemental monster variants
- New items
- New furniture objects
- Minor bugfixes
We’ll be showing off more new content and have a more detailed changelog before release!