15th June – Guy vs Wilderness

June 15, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured

Happy Monday!

As detailed in Tiy’s earlier post, the Colony system is going to have unique NPCs based on the furniture used to make their home. SamuriFerret is currently adding an NPC type for each sub-biome furniture set, and each one will have a unique personality and set of rewards. For example, here’s a tar biome house with a hunter-gatherer villager. They’ll occasionally have treasures for you that you might not find anywhere else!

AAA (7)

Let us know what you think! Any ideas for NPCs? :D

Bonus: another screenshot of improved parallaxes!

12th June – Forest for the trees

June 12, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured


Tiyuri and Supernorn have been working on improvements to the forest parallax, and the difference is incredible. Take a look!

As an added bonus, Tccoxon is working on facial emotes. I think… I think he may have started poisoning the NPCs, you guys. When will it end? :'(

Two more examples of NPC facial emotes here and here.

10th June – Sunsettings!

June 10, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured, News

Hello humans & others!

The programmer side is still working on combat/weapon changes and the colonization system.

The artist side is working on polishing all the planets to give them more life and beautifulness; more critters, new micro-dungeons on the surface of the garden planet, gorgeous sky colours and more!


That’s all for today.
See you tomorrow!

Au revoir!


9th June – Leap attack!

June 9, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured


We’ve continued to experiment with new weapon types and special abilities! This weapon’s secondary ability is a sort of automatic jump attack– note that the player isn’t manually jumping here!

Experiments like this have opened up the possibility for loads of new scripted weapon types– guns with flashlights attached, glove-type weapons, and umbrellas that allow you to float, to name a few!

What sort of abilities and attacks would you like to see?

8th June – Garden critters!

June 8, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured

Hey there!

It’s just about time for summer, and summer makes us think of gardens and gardens make us think of adorable garden critters. We’re working on lots of big stuff — performance improvements, the combat update, and colonization among them — but atmosphere is important, too! Planets have been largely lacking in life-forms that don’t want to eat you, so we’ve added several little creatures that roam around bein’ adorable.

It still needs some tweaking (especially the birds’ rocket-like trajectory), but we’ve got them spawning in-game:


A couple of other small but nifty and oft-requested changes — snow will now settle on surfaces, and you can plant new grass!


Looking forward to updating you throughout the week. Happy Monday! <3

4th June – Fröggs in Fezzes

June 4, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured

Hello all!

Healthire has been working on a new NPC interaction system for behavior trees and he’s got it ~sorta~ working. See for yourself!

Supernorn has been working on a new shop, and I think a few of you may recognize the shopkeeper! I’ve been keeping an eye on its progress, and upon seeing Mr. Frögg in all his animated glory I flailed a little bit and whisper-shouted “THIS SHOP IS SO GOOD.” Is that …a normal reaction?

Frogs in fezzes, man.



That’s all for today! As always, let us know what you think and have a lovely evening. <3

2nd June – ???

June 2, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured, News


1st June – Mysterious Eyepatch Man

June 1, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured

Happy Monday!

The team is largely working on combat/weapon changes and the colonization system. Varied melee weapons, shields, NPC behaviors and more are on the menu– but they’re not ready yet!

I did manage to get an updated screenshot of this cool thing-a-majig from Supernorn. :D

shipyard1I look forward to showing you more later in the week! Have a nice night!

29th May – Umbrella-ella-ella

May 29, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured

Hooraaaaay it’s Friday!

I’ve got more in the way of test objects today– here’s a parasol! Now you can glide onto your planet like you’re Mary Poppins. The programmers have been in the process of making the new active system that will handle all future weapons, shields, and basically anything the player uses. As such, they’ve been making cool things to test all of the features of it and see which new features we’ll want/need.

Bonus: here’s a picture of a penguin doing some welding.


Have a nice weekend! <3

28th May – Penguin Bay

May 28, 2015 in Dev Blog, Featured


Everyone’s largely working on the same projects they’ve been working on all week. :) Tccoxon is doing a thing involving confetti and fixing crashes, GeorgeV and Necotho are working on *top secret mission stuff*, and Supernorn is working on a cool thing that I cannot tell you much about but can show you a WIP image of!



Have a nice night!